Friday, May 8, 2015

How I found out I was pregnant

We didn't plan to get pregnant or anything, we just go with the flow. Kalau ada rezeki tu, adalah. Then there was this period when I couldn't bare the smell of cigarette smoke, and selalu cakap Bern busuk sebab bau asap rokok.

And then I was having severe cramp similar to menstrual cramp, and tengok calendar memang my period is about to due. Tapi calendar pun tak boleh pakai since I have irregular period. But anyway, since I confident sangat I'm pregnant, we went to buy the pregnancy test.

I read all the dos and donts before doing the test, and it says that the most accurate time to test is early in the morning since that is when the amount of hCG in your urine is high. But of course lah tak menyabo kan, I did it right after we got back which is at night.

After all the peeing is done, I waited patiently and hoping to see the double line appear. Nope. No double line. I can see only 1 line. Keluar toilet terus hug Bern and cried my eyes out. Bern cakap "Takpe, bukan rezeki kita lagi."

Malam tu nak tidur pun nangis, sedih. Rasa macam kehilangan, rasa macam you lost someone you never had. How can this be? Cause I sure do feel and know with all my heart that I'm pregnant. Something must be wrong.

The next day I woke up with swollen eyes, sent my husband off to work, still feeling heartbroken. Rasa macam baru lepas break dengan boyfriend. I went inside the toilet, reminiscing the test I did yesterday. Sambil sambil shower tu sambil mengintai tong sampah. Lepas habis shower, I took out the test from the dustbin, and there I saw it... double line.

Turns out that I didn't read the manual carefully. You're suppose to wait 5 - 10 mins to get the result, and I only waited 5 mins. Again, tak menyabau. Took a picture of it, sent it to my husband, to my bestfriend, Jay, and swear that I saw the double line. Bern cakap mcm samar-samar, Jay pun cakap it looks like a double line, but you can never be too sure. So after Bern got back from work, we went to get another pregnancy test.

We bought the Clearblue, the digital one. So if you're pregnant or if you're not, it will clearly state 'Pregnant' or 'Not Pregnant'. A little bit expensive, but no more false hope. And this time I waited the next morning to do the test.

Malam tu tak senang nak tidur, tak sabar nak tunggu pagi. I woke up at 7 a.m, peed on the stick and put it on the floor. Dug dap dug dap, and then.. 'Pregnant, 3 - 4 weeks'. I told ya!! I told ya!!

Keluar toilet, Bern is still sleeping. I woke him up and showed him the test. Buka mata sebelah je, "Pregnant? Yayy, congrats sayang. Alhamdulillah".

And then he went back to sleep. -___-



No comments:

My Fav.